Overviewios-driver is a mobile automation framework which allows to automate any native, hybrid or mobile web application using the well known Selenium / WebDriver API. The same design patterns as for the web (i.e. Page Objects) apply to mobile automation. As well, ios-driver allows for seamless integration into an existing web automation infrastructure using Selenium Grid.
High level features :
- Implements the JSON wire protocol
- Runs on emulators and devices
- Full integration as a node into Selenium Grid for scaling and parallel testing
- Can be used in an existing Selenium Grid to manage device / simulator farm
- Built in Inspector to simplify test case development
- First class support for localized native apps ( 1 test works for all the localized versions )
- No need to change the source
- No need to jailbreak the device
- No additional software required
ios-driver has been built with scaling in mind. GUI based tests are slow by nature slow and if run sequentially take too long to provide fast feedback. By following the webdriver protocol, ios-driver can be used as a Selenium grid node, and the tests can be run in parallel on the same architecture as the one already running the web tests.